Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Magic Garden and Na Thon Market

Yesterday we went to the Magic Gardens (aka Secret Garden or Heavens Garden). This is up in the mountains here where a man created this beautiful garden on a hillside with many, many statues. This is one of many photos I took. We rode scooters up there and I thought my hands would cramp from holding the brakes going back down. But it was fun!



On the way back, we stopped at the market in Na Thon where locals sell their vegetables and the fish they've caught. There were all kinds of veggies I'd never seen before, lots of Thai chilis, and a wide variety of fish, shrimp, crabs, eels, frogs, and other critters, some of them still alive.
We were the only white folks (Anglo) there, and I was snapping photos the whole time. The smell was ummm interesting, and they had a unique fan for fanning the flies away. I would have eaten the veggies and shrimp but some of the other stuff I wouldn't have touched! Thai chilis are beautiful but oh so hot, hot, hot!

1 comment:

katlanta said...

Sounds like you are having fun! I can't wait to see the photos. I remember reading about the market smell in the guidebook and I don't know whether to be sad or glad that you can't capture that in pictures. (Yet.)