Sunday, June 29, 2008

Beautiful sunsets

Yoga Thailand is right on the beach on the north side of Koh Samui, so we get great sunrises and sunsets. This photo is from last nights sunset.


As you might imagine, the locals live off of the sea. This morning I went for a swim after yoga practice and saw this man and his wife walking around out in the water. I assumed they were looking for clams or something similar. After I came in and got showered off for breakfast, they were almost in front of Yoga Thailand and I watched them for a while to see what they were doing. They were spearing fish with a long pointed stick. You can see this man has a string of them that he is dragging along side. I never saw him spear one, but saw him attempt several times.


Yoga is really hard! Especially for someone as out of shape as I am. I am able to do the practice, but today am really sore. Partly from the yoga and partly because Michael & Beverly gave me a deep tissue massage yesterday to help my shoulder which has been bothering me for some time. As they say "it will feel much better when it quits hurting!" Come to find out it's the dreaded "mouse shoulder" which comes from using a mouse at the computer. Hopefully I'll be able to correct that now that I'm not mousing as much! I was able to loosen up some after yoga this morning, and hopefully it will get better as the days go by.


It's very peaceful and restful here. I haven't put on shoes for two days! It is a custom in Thailand not to wear shoes inside or in the dining area which is open air overlooking the beach, and my bungalow is just steps from everything, so I just haven't seen the need to wear shoes at all. The food here is awesome! It's all vegetarian, but is excellent. There are an assortment of fresh, mostly organic fruits and vegetables at every meal, and last night we had an amazing vegetarian chili. The best part is that I don't have to do any of the preparation or dishes!


1 comment:

katlanta said...

Nice photos, like the spearfishing guy. Hope you are enjoying your trip so far -- it sounds really nice! I bet you are sad not to be here for the 4th of July. Just kidding. And congratulations on your Good Lucks! :-)